Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Black and white pictures    

Black and white pictures

RileyR
Israel

Black and white pictures

Hello! I see lots of worksheets with black and white plain pictures. I am looking for such picture. Is there a specific site you use? Thanks Ravit

27 Oct 2013      

Balkees32
Israel

Ravit shalom, where are you from? I need you �re help because I am new here , can I upload things to the site with Word 2010 program? thanks? balkees

27 Oct 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Riley,
I use black and white clip art a lot since we cannot copy in color in school. First of all, you can of course indicate in your image search that you want only black and white images. You can either use black and white in addition to your key words. (i.e. cat clip art black and white) or change the setting in the search tools - image types.
What I also do once in a while; I change a colored picture to b/w. In word I will  first try the black and white option but that often gives a bad result. If that doesn �t work I choose grey-scale instead and increase the contrast untill it is pretty much b/w. Hope this is useful,

בהצלחה

27 Oct 2013     

EFL-Teacher
China

Hi RileyR, To change the color of the pictures on your worksheet: 1.Double click on the picture you want to change the color on your worksheet(Mine is Microsoft Word 2007, I think it works the same with all MCSwds) 2. Go to the �recolor � section which should be now(after you have 2clicked on the pic) on the left top of the page. 3. Go to color modes now and choose �greyscale option � This is a way you can change the colors of your pictures on your worksheets. But if you want to reduce the size of your worksheet to upload it here at �eslprintables �or elsewhere, you better follow another way, but I don �t remember it now. If you need it for the second case, leave a comment and I will figure it out for you soon.

27 Oct 2013     

EFL-Teacher
China

Hi Balkees32,

You cannot upload documents with Word 2010. You can save your document as 97-2003 format.

27 Oct 2013     

ronit85
Israel

Shalom, I just Google "free coloring pages of.." et voila . You just have to choose what you like best.
Have a nice day
Ronit

27 Oct 2013     

Balkees32
Israel

thanks EFL- teacher!!!

27 Oct 2013     

tsyr
Russian Federation

Hi, Riley!

When  I need black and white pictures, I just type the kind of image I want (for example, "house") plus "colouring pages" in the Google search box, and find loads of stuff.

Good luck!

27 Oct 2013     

pilarmham
Spain

A member of ESL Printables offered her Picasa collection some months ago:

27 Oct 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

coloring pages can also be copyrighted even if they are free to print out, it doesn �t mean they can be redistributed (shared) so they are not the best option for wss to be uploaded here IMHO
So here �s an alternative for you:
Check this free tutorial from our Liz
Here �s another one from Moravc

Sophia

27 Oct 2013     

RileyR
Israel

thank you everyone! You have been very helpful!

27 Oct 2013