Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please Help!!! General Spoken English Class.    

Please Help!!! General Spoken English Class.

EFL-Teacher
China

Please Help!!! General Spoken English Class.

Dear friends,

I have some private EFL students who need to improve their Spoken English. One of the students wants to learn more about the short forms as real native speakers of English use in their daily English life (wanna, gonna). Can anybody provide me with such information how I can find such materials. #Also, any other information, worksheets or/and/ links, materials etc that you think would be useful for a General Spoken English Class. Please send to my email 89sunmoon@gmail.com any General Spoken English teaching material. Your help is highly appreciatedTongue

Thanks in advanceHandshake

1 Nov 2013      

Tere-arg
Argentina

Somebody posted these links some days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EBBNmNzypY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJPdR7Kbl9k

1 Nov 2013     

Pelletrine
France

Dear EFL-teacher,

if you type "wanna, gonna" in our reseach engine (here on eslprintables) you �ll get some very
useful worksheets ( I have used the first one coming up with great success in my classroom)

Good luck !

1 Nov 2013     

EFL-Teacher
China

Thank you so much, friendsSmile

1 Nov 2013     

EFL-Teacher
China

Thank you Palletrine! You �re right...thanks to you I found exactly what I was looking forTongue

1 Nov 2013     

libertybelle
United States

The thing is - if your students ever went to England or the USA and used words like
gonna and wanna at a job interview- it wouldn �t go down well.

It �s fine to use - couldn �t  or can �t or won �t - but not gonna.
I know of many corporations and companies that don �t accept that form of language.

1 Nov 2013     

Apodo
Australia

I agree with Libertybelle - gonna and wanna are not considered to be a correct form of English - not even in informal English.
Yes. You do hear these forms, and your students might need to be aware of them, but I would never teach them as being acceptable. 
They are just the result of one word running into another and not being pronounced clearly.

1 Nov 2013     

EFL-Teacher
China

Hi Libertybelle and Apodo,

I totally agree with both of you, but my student asked me for this because he thinks he would understand Native En Speakers more easily when he goes to Am to study.I already told him that wanna and gonna are not considered to be a correct form of English, and he knows this.

1 Nov 2013