Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > need your opinions    

need your opinions

azaotl
Mexico

need your opinions

Hello. 
Well I �ve been having some troubles to plan my lessons, I �m teaching primary students in Mexico, 6th graders in a public school. The thing is these students have a very low level, I mean they can �t even use simple present and they �re not very interested in learning English. And to make things worse in this unit They have to learn how to write an English Report. So what can I do? Any suggestions?, well you can check the didactic planing here (we have to plan based on that thing) http://www2.sepdf.gob.mx/prog_ingles/file-planeacion-docente-2a-2/Elementary_6th_Grade_Unit_2A.pdf   What would you do if you were me? Thank you in advance Unhappy

3 Nov 2013      

Peter Hardy
Australia

Planning is important, but keep it as simple as possible. I barely use more than three or four �steps �. Otherwise you may overwhelm them. As they are kids, have you tried to integrate games in your lessons? Kids like to play, and when having fun, they won �t realize they �re learning. It may get them interested. There are several good worksheets on this site to get you started.
Cheers, Peter

3 Nov 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

focus on the learning outcomes of every activity you do with them, i.e. what they will be able to do after they �ve completed it.
I �m with Peter as to the games. You can use speaking cards, vocabulary and memory games and these can be used for any grammar point/topic.
As to getting them interested, think of a link-up with a school from the USA (they are the closest neighbours) or any other English-speaking country. Then your students will have more practical, realistic, authentic goals for learning English. How about http://www.epals.com/ ?
If you type in "games" in the search bar, you �ll get some pretty awesome stuff.

Sophia

4 Nov 2013     

azaotl
Mexico

thank you very much for your comments =)  I know I have to try more games but sometimes with this topics and planing thing I usually forget and focus more on the "bla bla bla stuff" . Anyway I will try to integrate games in my lessons. Thanks again friends!

4 Nov 2013     

p_parvin
Iran

Ola

I think you can make them learn how to use the power point and have them make a story in English by adding some related pictures and sound to each slide. My students find making powerpoint slideshows as very much fun. and that gives them a motivation to learn English. also have them compete with each other. for example, tell them the best story and the best slide show will receive a prize.

4 Nov 2013     

azaotl
Mexico

Hola, yes that �s a great idea. Problem is that we can �t go to the computer lab too much because it is specially for subject teachers not for English teachers. Once in a while they don �t use it so we are able to spend some tiem there. I guess I will probably try this for next computer session thanks!

4 Nov 2013