Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Speaking activities help    

Speaking activities help

elt_yasmin
Turkey

Speaking activities help

Hello everbody,
I have a private pupil who wants to improve his speaking skill. I need ideas, activities or any other help about this. My pupil has especially pronunciation problems. 
please help me..
Thanks in advance

11 Nov 2013      

MoodyMoody
United States

I found this wonderful chart talking about problems Turkish speakers have when they learn English. (I think I �m going to keep a copy myself as well. I don �t get many Turkish students, but it will be nice to know their problems when I do.) It includes some links to minimal pair work and other speaking activities to help improve pronunciation. In addition to these, I suggest finding some multisyllabic words in English that don �t have the vowel harmony Turkish demands. In fact, harmony is a fine example, with two back vowels and a front vowel. It also has the stress on the first syllable, not the second or third.

12 Nov 2013     

cukurova
Turkey

Thanks a lot for this great link MoodyMoody!

13 Nov 2013