Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > IN NEED OF YOUR IDEAS    

IN NEED OF YOUR IDEAS

pilarmham
Spain

IN NEED OF YOUR IDEAS

I have a group of students who don �t follow the mainstream curriculum. They haven �t done too well in previous years and are in a special programme. Their main activities are tasks and projects. Their age is around 15 and their level is quite low.

Could you suggest sites where I can find ideas for projects for them? Any projects that you consider interesting and your students enjoy?

Thank you!

13 Nov 2013      

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Hi from Japan. How about a suggestion for a vacation? I have just done that with my 15 year old kids. It went like this (1) Teacher gives kids a list of countries and asks them in groups to choose 1. (2) Kids do research in their own language about that country �s attractions for tourists. (3) Kids write out a rough copy of what they want to say about the country in English. (4) The teacher corrects / makes English suggestions for the rough copy. (5) The kids make a final copy of what they want to say. (6) The kids make a poster, cutting out magazine pictures or getting them from the �net, and mix those with headline style English phrases on the poster. (7) Teacher checks the poster and final English script and the kids present their suggested country. (8) The kids listening to the presentation make notes while listening, and write out (or just ask) questions to ask the presenters about the country. /_______________________________________________________________Sorry to write it out so mechanically, it just seemed the quickest way. I did this with classes of about 35-40 kids each. We took 3 English class periods to do it, from start to finish. You could let the kids choose any country at all, but I gave them a list of about 8 to choose from, and divided them into groups according to the country they chose. _________________________________________________________________ I hope that helps a little.

13 Nov 2013