Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > New class of secondary students    

New class of secondary students

izulia
China

New class of secondary students

Hi,
I �ve been teaching 3-5 year olds for the past one year and half but beginning from January will need to teach 11-17 year old students. Last time I was in a secondary class was nine years ago, so it �s a little intimidating...

The school is new and at the moment doesn �t have a particular curriculum, just a general idea that in about a year most of the kids should be ready to join mainstream classes for Literacy. 

The students are split in two classes according to close age groups, not according to abilities and this I cannot change. There is a range of levels in each class, between beginners to intermediate. 

I presume I can base my teaching on topics but could you recommend some good textbooks please? The school has the budget and would buy the books, internet subscriptions, etc. 

Any ideas and advice will be very much appreciated!

26 Nov 2013      

dragonfly2
Portugal

Hi there!

Please check this link:

Textbooks from this publisher are reliable.

Good luck!

26 Nov 2013