Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Teaching Parts of the Body?    

Teaching Parts of the Body?

Pinky Makus
Canada

Teaching Parts of the Body?

Today I made up a game called Sticky Teacher. I would  say certain body parts and have the children repeat the words then they would have to stick a sticky note or POST-IT note paper onto that part of my body.  I was wearing black today, so the sticky notes did look quite funny stuck to my clothes. The notes were bright green...We just did some simple parts like ears, shoulders, feet, knees and hands.  When I stuck sticky paper over my mouth and on my forehead the children laughed so hard I couldn�t hear myself think.

I just thought I would mention this as an easy game to review parts of the body.  ( I never knew it would work so well!)  Smile

Make sure you only do "innocent" parts of the body....or to be on the safe side you could  also use a paper cut out of a body. 

3 Feb 2009      

jocruz
Portugal

I do a similar activity when teaching �this�, �that�, �these� and �those�. Each student gets a few POST-ITS and sticks them around the classroom with �this is a door� or �that is a poster�,etc.
I usually end up with a few stuck onto me saying �this is a teacher�.

They really enjoy it.

3 Feb 2009