Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Information gap or jigsaw activity for ntroductions    

Information gap or jigsaw activity for ntroductions

ferryc2
United States

Information gap or jigsaw activity for ntroductions

I am giving a presentation about information gap and jigsaw activities to a group of teachers, most of whom will be strangers to each other.

I would like to start off with some sort of information gap activity or jigsaw where everyone asks each other personal information (where your from, interests, etc.) and then students have to somehow jigsaw or share information with each other to complete the task.  I was thinking about making some kind of chart and they ask and complete information about each other, but I�m not sure how to turn it into a jigsaw or information gap?

Thanks!

3 Feb 2009      

eng789
Israel

If you check my uploads,  I just sent in something that might help you.  
It is a great warm-up exercise to do with a group of new pupils that don�t know eachother.
For the jigsaw part you can separate the pupils into groups and each group has to use a certain part of the information collected to make a report back to the whole group.  You can change the catagories to make them more suitable for adults. 

Possible catagories could be - family
                                         hobbies
                                         sparetime activites 

I have done it with kids and they love it so I think adults might also.

Hope this helps.
Barbara

3 Feb 2009     

ferryc2
United States

Thanks Barbara I will check it out

4 Feb 2009