Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Written production    

Written production

kalaa
Algeria

Written production

Hi fiends,
I want to have an idea about  how to elaborate a written expression;  the instructions given to the students.
Here is an example, need your comments.

Last weekend you spent the night in a very expensive hotel .Its name is �..........�. You are not satisfied because you had an unpleasant  stay there. . Write a letter to the manager in which you state your problem:

-   Small room with no view.

- The bad service.

-   Suggest solutions.

You can use these notes dirty bath -TV did not work� cold water only

6 Dec 2013      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

What level students do you have in mind?
If it �s elementary/pre-intermediate, I �d say provide them with an example letter of complaint from which they could fish out phrases like "I am writing to complain about..." etc. It"ll give them an idea about the structure as well.
Some wss on that here
Sophia

6 Dec 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Many course books include a complaint letter so maybe you could get some ideas from that.

These links might also help:

Cheers

Jayho

6 Dec 2013     

kalaa
Algeria

Thank you very much Sophia and Jayho.
  It �s pre-intermediate. I didn �t mention the word (complain/ a letter of complaint) on purpose. They �ll find it themselves. What I want the instructions you deal with your students. Many thanks

6 Dec 2013