Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > CAE    

CAE

ch&c-englishclasses
Peru

CAE

Hi there my friends, I wonder since in the writing part there is a limit of words let�s say between 180 and 220 words how many less or how many more words would be considered acceptable. Not to be penalized I mean.
You would say common sense , but anyway maybe you know exactly from a good source.

Thanks

10 Dec 2013      

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi

This might help you. 

It does not say exactly how much either side but it does say that students should practice and get to know what their writing looks like to be within the given word limit. (As not to waste precious time during the exam counting words.)

I am a Cambridge Team Leader for Speaking Examiners and what I can tell you is that while the focus is on what the exam candidates can do- I would strongly advise all candidates to make sure that they stay within any word limit given so that they are not penalised in any way.

:-)

10 Dec 2013