Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > This is a horrible system    

This is a horrible system

baleigh
Spain

This is a horrible system

I understand that people want to protect copyrights and original material, but it simply sucks that I have found wonderful materials on this site and cannot use them because others have not downloaded my contributions. 

3 Feb 2009      

eng789
Israel

Excuse me,  did you think that you would get something for nothing?

If you upload something that people can use then they will be happy to download it and you will get your points.

This is the best site around.  

If you think it is horrible then maybe you shouldn�t be part of it.

3 Feb 2009     

donapeter
Romania

Just make an effort!!! You�ll see that this effort will be for your own good!!!You will be able to do wonderful worksheets if you try to give yourself a chance. Don�t judge the system, do something better, do ...at least....... something!!!I can see that you have only one worksheet. How do you expect to get points????
If you need help, feel free to ask. But don�t judge something that you cannot understand!!!!
Have a nice night!!
Dona

3 Feb 2009     

sarahgriffin
Ireland

This is the most fantastic site ever, and like so many other things in life baleigh, you will get out of it what you put into it.

3 Feb 2009     

Isabel L
Spain

This system has nothing to do with protecting copyrights. It has to do with SHARING. It�s very simple: you give and take. If you don�t want to give, don�t expect to take. You say your contributions haven�t been downloaded. If I�m right, there�s only one contribution, nothing to write home about by the looks of it. So, if you try and upload more and "wonderful" contributions, I�m sure other people will download them, you�ll get the first 30 "magic" points and you�ll be able to use other people�s materials. That�s the way it works.
Anyway, you can always use the worksheets by these wonderful, creative and hard-working teachers as an inspiration for your own work. Keep working and improving.

3 Feb 2009     

happy koala
Spain

Fisrt of all I�d like to tell you that that�s not the best way of entering a place that many teachers all over the world are proud of belonging to and sharing their efforts for free? 
Why don�t you make the effort of sending/preparing some worksheets, bettre than the one you sent,  so as to see what an excellent teacher you are, and how you enjoy teaching by offering your students not just other teachers� hardwork but your excellent and hard work that teachers like the ones who share their material?

A Spanish teacher to another one. The more you give the more you receive.

3 Feb 2009     

ameliarator
United States

baleigh, I also felt frustrated when I first joined. �We are used to instant gratification websites where we can use what we want as soon as we see it. �I remember thinking that maybe I would never get any points, and never be able to download any of the fantastic materials I coveted. �But then I got some points, and I started to appreciate the reciprocity of the system as I found that it motivated me to make and to polish up more worksheets than I used to. �Now, I enjoy the inspiration, the motivation, and the sense of community that I don�t think would exist if we weren�t required to upload our own submissions. �Hang in there!

3 Feb 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Well, whatever you do... DON�T CHEAT ...or the "Cow Sheriff" will get you!!! lol

3 Feb 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Create some more worksheets. Try to make them useful and attractive and you�ll get points very quickly. Just try!!!!

3 Feb 2009     

Lidiana73
Australia

baleigh my first worksheets were downloaded by only a few people. But slowly after some inspiration from other fanatastic printables on this site...and unlike some members I have never complained or asked other teachers to download my work. So be inspired...look around and get a few ideas and watch those points build up!

3 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree with Itxasobcn!
Make some good worksheets that YOU would be proud of giving your own students and
I�m sure everyone here would feel the same.
L

3 Feb 2009     

1    2    Next >