Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > crossing life?    

crossing life?

SaraMariam
United States

crossing life?

Hi everybody

I just came across an expression which said "crossing life" (was not part of a sentence, just some sort of header). And I was wondering what is meant by this? Is it like "living life" or something like this? Google didn �t really help me too much. Thanks a lot :) Have a great weekend!

Sara

18 Jan 2014      

hardcase
France

HI, in French it would translate litterally �traverser la vie � - I guess it means that we are on earth just as a passing.....if you think what I �m saying corresponds to your text which went with the heading, then I guess this is it :-) have a nice day, bye

19 Jan 2014     

SaraMariam
United States

Thanks a lot for your help hardcase :) Have a great Sunday :)

19 Jan 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Or could it have been �crossing line �?

19 Jan 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@Lynne: Shouldn �t it have been "crossing the/a line" with an article?

I used to watch an American series about a forensic pathologist which was called "Crossing Jordan" (the main charecter �s name was Jordan) and it was a play on words. You can read about it in the link I gave.
The point is to cross can mean several things and it �s really difficult to say without the context
1) to go across; to pass or stretch from one side to the other;
or to cross smb 2) to oppose somebody or speak against them or their plans or wishes

19 Jan 2014