Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > sound problem    

sound problem

senseim
Turkey

sound problem

I prepared a ppt with sound, but people WHO downloaded my ppt said that theu could not hear. I don �t know what the problem is and how to solve it. pls help

21 Jan 2014      

MoodyMoody
United States

I �m not an expert with Power Point, but one of the best PP users on the site is foose1. If no one on the forums can answer your question, try sending him a personal message here. I don �t see him on the forum that often, but his PP games are amazing!

21 Jan 2014     

senseim
Turkey

thanks for your help. I will send him/her a pm

22 Jan 2014     

htunde
Hungary

Hi,
The only file that can be embeded (is uploaded and dowloaded with) in a ppt is the wav audio format. Any other won �t "travel" with your ppt. So if you attach e.g. an mp3 file and it is on the same computer or on a connected drive your computer will find it, but not any other one. On the other hand you should take into consideration that the wav files are very "heavy" and increase the size of your ppt file.
Hope I could make it clear.

22 Jan 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Indeed, as Htunde pointed out, you need to convert your sound file to wav and embed it. To find out how, may I suggest a visit to Ehow? http://www.ehow.com/how_8033123_embed-song-powerpoint.html Good luck, and believe me, after the first time, it �s a piece of cake :-)

22 Jan 2014     

foose1
United States

I would agree with htunde but I would use wav files after cleaning them up a bit with audacity. 
John

22 Jan 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Quite right Foose. Audacity is a lovely FREE program to not only adapt your sound files, but also to convert them (save as)

22 Jan 2014