Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Meaning of the phrase    

Meaning of the phrase

pinkblossom
Germany

Meaning of the phrase

Dear friends,

I couldn �t understand the meaning of the "on the go" in the following sentence.

Get Smart! Eating on the go.

it is a title of a reading, Does it mean that it wants to talk about eating,?

can we say let �s talk about eating, ? I �m not sure that let �s talk is proper replacement

for on the go

Need your suggestions

Thanks in advance

31 Jan 2014      

oumsalsabil
Algeria

Eating on the go means eating while one is busy doing something else such as preparing to go out, or while driving.

31 Jan 2014     

monder78
Poland

On the go means that you are in a hurry. I �ve come across another phrase : somebody leads a hectic life and is always on the go.

1 Feb 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Eating on the go - eating as you are walking along the street or getting on with your normal business. The Italians do it all the time.  

1 Feb 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Is it healthy though? 
It �s hard to form the answer for you because we don �t know what the text is about. Wheather you have to be smart and avoid eating on the go because it �s unhealthy or the article encourages you to save time and eat as you goConfused
In general "on the go" means "constantly active" as other users have mentioned above.
Maybe "Let �s talk about eating habits of active people" but again it all depends on the context.

1 Feb 2014     

Zora
Canada

This sounds like a campaign I remember from when I was younger.  The campaign was about eating well/healthier even though you don �t have time to cook because you are busy.

One the go means when you are busy going from place to place.

1 Feb 2014