Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Some ideas for my last week of teaching    

Some ideas for my last week of teaching

Systane
Italy

Some ideas for my last week of teaching

Hi all

I have 1 more week to teach in this Chinese school with 12-14 years old students.
Technically it should be a Speaking class but...they don �t care about speaking =P  I think they are shy or maybe just not interested in speaking. They just like playing and doing activities. I brought them to a fast food making hamburgers, in class we had 2 lessons about cooking (then they cooked some typical Chinese food), building scale models together etc etc... and I think they had fun.

One lesson I would like to bring them to a restaurant making another kind of typical food (拌面 banmian) after teaching some vocabulary. But I don �t know if the director allows me to do that =P

Any suggestions? The ideas I have in my mind are for "adults" and not for kids, so I �m stuck and I never know how to make my lessons interesting for them.
I think with their Chinese teachers they always stay in class, studying grammar and new words. Maybe they enjoy going out doing things.
With the youngest students (4-8 yo) I brought them to a supermarket after teaching them some easy directions and things you can find in a market. Do you think I could bring the youngsters there too, doing another kind of activities?

Thanks in advance

4 Feb 2014