Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Contest Winner!    

Caption Contest Winner!

MoodyMoody
United States

Caption Contest Winner!

I apologize for waiting an extra day; my husband decided to go shopping for a new suit last evening and, of course, I had to go as well.

There were many good captions: mohamedthabet, edrodmedina, and Goreti Ponte all went aquatic with their wit; ascincoquinas, maryse pey�, and manonski invoked hedgehogs and porcupines; Sophia went with an evocative cranberry splash; Lynne compared it to abstract modern art; fofmu, Julia Karaban, and isa2 warned of contagion and infection; douglas went right to the point and said "Yep, I �m weird"; alexcure called her a Venus mantrap [Venus flytraps are actually native to my state]; sarguero commented on the safety features of the dress; and spied-d-aignel called the lady a scarecrow. marinal actually came the closest to my original thought with the guess of veins. I picked this picture in honor of American Heart Month, when many Americans wear red to raise awareness of heart disease.

However, I really thought New-Teacher 2013 showed excellent insight by comparing the model to the Red Queen in Resident Evil. I had not seen the movie, but I looked at the clip. Although the attire was different, the resemblance between the girl and the model was eerie. So, New-Teacher, congratulations! You are the winner of the Caption Contest! Pick a good picture for us!

5 Feb 2014