Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Reclamation service?    

Reclamation service?

Kita19
Portugal

Reclamation service?

Hi everyone,

I �m helping a friend writing his CV in English, but I have a doubt. He worked as a telecommunication operator, answering phone calls. My question is that he wants to specify his sector was in the reclamation service. Can we say "My sector was in the reclamation service."? Or how can we say it better?

Thanks a lot!

Patr�cia

8 Feb 2014      

joannajs
Poland

Sounds weird. I understand he was helping clients, so that would be "customer service" so I would go for something to the effect of "I have ample/extensive experience working in customer service"

best,

joanna

8 Feb 2014     

xanali
Portugal

Complaints / Claims department?...

8 Feb 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

From the Collins American English Dictionary (online edition):

reclamation

noun

1. a reclaiming or being reclaimed; esp., the recovery of wasteland, desert, etc. by ditching, filling, or irrigating
  2. the process or industry of obtaining useful materials from waste products

Since his job was answering phones and perhaps also placing phone calls, I seriously doubt that was his department. If he helped collect unpaid debts, he could say that he was in collections. Otherwise, I agree with joannajs that he should use the term customer service.

8 Feb 2014     

Denisa
Romania

I �ll go for � �complaints service � � as xanali has already said...

9 Feb 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Customer service. It �s a positive term, you want to be seen to be helping people, I guess that is what he was doing. Complaints service and Reclamation are meaningless terms in English. If he was dealing with customer complaints, then customer service takes it in anyway. 

9 Feb 2014     

Kita19
Portugal

Thanks a lot to all of you. You helped me a lot! :) You �re the best!
Clap

9 Feb 2014