Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Bye...Bye Office 2003    

Bye...Bye Office 2003

you_per7
Algeria

Bye...Bye Office 2003

Support Ends April 8th, 2014

I think it is the time to migrate to .docx Wink

10 Feb 2014      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

You per7, what does this mean? Could you explain? I �m a technophobe.... We can �t be going to lose all our worksheets???

10 Feb 2014     

you_per7
Algeria

cunliffe
It means that those who have Office 2003 should move to office 2007 or 2010 it means that Microsoft may not support .doc in the future. If not this year .... prbably in 2015... 2020

10 Feb 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

It probably also means that later versions of Office won �t support .doc and .ppt files (at least I assume it includes Power Point). It doesn �t mean that all the .doc and .ppt files disappear. My guess is that later versions of Office won �t be able to edit or format the .doc and .ppt extensions. I base this, very unscientifically, on my experience with a Word 95 document that I didn �t realize had migrated over four or five computers. When I found the thing, I was unable to edit, format, or save it in its original form, but I was able to copy it and paste it into a .docx file.

I agreed with you before, you per 7, and I agree with you now: it �s time to allow .docx and .pptx files on ESLP. It doesn �t mean all the old stuff is worthless, but it won �t be as useful soon, it sounds like. I would also vote that we should get points for any of our own work that we update and resubmit; I would personally be delighted to do that with all of my piddly works.

10 Feb 2014