Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Reaserch topic for MA thesis    

Reaserch topic for MA thesis

Afrouz
Iran

Reaserch topic for MA thesis

Hi dear colleagues
I wonder if you could help me to find a topic for my MA thesis. I want it to be new and I like it to be in Applied Linguistics domain.What are the new issues in applied linguistics or language teaching?
Thanks in advance.

12 Feb 2014      

MoodyMoody
United States

I will freely admit that I haven �t kept as up-to-date on new research in linguistics as I probably should have. But instead of asking us "what �s new and different," you should ask yourself "what am I really interested in?" You �re asking a group of ESL educators, so of course we �re biased toward issues relating to second language acquisition, especially of English.

Also, remember that you don �t need to do something radically new. You can take an existing issue, for example, native language interference in acquisition of English, and look at a language that hasn �t been studied so much, such as Gilaki.

Quick Google led me to this article  http://asian-efl-journal.com/Thesis-M-Hall.pdf about pronunciation problems Farsi speakers have, but I found absolutely nothing about Gilaki.

Again, pronunciation may not be your favorite area, and that �s fine. This is just an example. You are the one who is going to put in long hours researching, organizing, writing, editing, rewriting, and rewriting again when your advisor tells you it still isn �t good enough. Don �t go into the process with the goal of dazzling the world of academia with your brilliance; go into it with the goal of learning something new about something near and dear to your heart. The brilliance will follow.

12 Feb 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Maybe you could do something related to emigrants who, after having lived in an English speaking country, return to their native country, and the impact on both their native language and their new language.

I only have to think about my own parents to see the impact, and not only in relation to language.

13 Feb 2014     

hikimaru
Colombia

I have got the same dilema! Anyway I can recomend you to work with autonomus learning or learning with the use of moderns advices like computers, tablets, etc.

13 Feb 2014     

diane73
Albania

12 Jul 2017