Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Quiet ESL Activities    

Quiet ESL Activities

izulia
China

Quiet ESL Activities

Hi my dear colleagues,
I need your advice please.
I have a group of very lively Grade 7 students, 8 boys and one girl. I mean VERY lively!... They find it hard to focus on any ordinary day but once a week I teach them straight after their PE lesson and this cannot be changed. They come either really exhausted or super-excited and are NOT up to studies at all. 
I was wondering if you could give me an advice on some calming ESL activities?  Reading? We don �t really have many reading resources at our school and printing facilities are not that powerful. Listening? The same thing, not that many resources, although we have an ICT lab but not enough headphones for everybody. Let them play some ESL learning games? Maybe... but the kids get bored with anything that doesn �t appear like a computer GAME with racing and shooting (boys!). In our school they don �t worry about handwriting, so that is also not an option.
Any ideas? 

17 Feb 2014      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I �m not sure what you �re really looking for... but try here and here, maybe you �ll find some ideas suitable for your situation.

17 Feb 2014