Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Adult Course Book    

Adult Course Book

yetigumboots
Germany

Adult Course Book

Hi everyone,

Can anyone suggest a course book for absolute adult beginners. It will not be for a class but just one individual person.

Thanks

Yeti xx

19 Feb 2014      

liz5959
France

I usually use "headway" for adult beginners.

19 Feb 2014     

Paula Caravelas
Portugal

Hi, Try English for life from Oxford.English for Life. You get real-life topics and plenty of drills for adults who haven�t got much time to learn. Hope I could help. Paula

19 Feb 2014     

knowana
Argentina

Hi..!!! there�s a set of books called UPSTREAM, and plenty of vocabulary.... here is the link http://www.argentinawarez.com/ebooks-gratis/2215983-coleccion-upstream-beginner-proficiency.html , have a look at them, they are really nice and the link provides you the teacher�s book, audio and tests!! kisses...

19 Feb 2014     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I like Headways.

19 Feb 2014     

yetigumboots
Germany

Thanks guys... I will try a couple of those xx

19 Feb 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

How about the New English File?

19 Feb 2014     

youste
Lithuania

I use Face2face starter (Cambridge) with my adult students - an excellent coursebook + interactive practice at home. Headway is also great!

19 Feb 2014     

thuteresa
Vietnam

I do agree with Paula Caravelas. I have been using English For Life by Tom Hutchinson since last year for my true adults beginners, they are getting progress steadily.
+ step-by-step approach
+ lots of repetition of new language, suitable for whom first learn English.
Hope this helps.

19 Feb 2014