Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > PENFRIENDS WANTED!    

PENFRIENDS WANTED!

joannajs
Poland

PENFRIENDS WANTED!

We are looking for a partner school who would like to exchange short letters/cards with us several times a year. We participated in Cambridge Penfriends, but it seems that their project died somehow as we �ve sent our stuff to 2 schools in Germany and Mexico, but never got anything back. Our kids start asking questions and we really don �t want to tell them someone has let them down. That �s why we are looking for someone REALLY COMMITTED.

The number of students participating in the project is about 150. That �s why we �re really looking for a partner SCHOOL rather than particular classes. The students are aged from 7 to 13. So of course they are going to produce different things: from drwaings and very short text to more or less A2/B1 level writing. They are all quite motivated and curious of other cultures. Our teachers also want to make this work Thumbs Up

If you think our school can be our partner, please let me know. We are located in Warsaw, the capital city of Poland, EU

Hope to hear from you Wink

5 Mar 2014      

schoolteacher1986
Russian Federation

I am from Ukraine, Crimea. I teach English in the school-lyceum № 3 of Stary Krym. It �s not far from the Black Sea. I am interested in your proposal about penfriends. Our students will take part in this activity with great pleasure. I think our school can be your partner. Write me more about this project.

5 Mar 2014     

cmlykt
Turkey

I am from turkey .I am an environmental engineer.I am learning English now.so If you accept me,I can be your penfriends

5 Mar 2014     

joannajs
Poland

Dear Cmlykt,

I �m rather looking for a SCHOOL partnership than individuals because we have 150 children participating  Smile

Dear Schoolteacher,

If you teach in lyceum, wouldn �t your students be much older than mine? In our case, the majority is rather small - definitely primary school age...

best,

joanna

5 Mar 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello Joanna,
I myself don �t teach in the primary, but we are a big school (over 1000 students) and we have primary as well. I can talk to our languages deputy head regarding such a collaboration and see who of the teachers might be interested. I will then let you know. 
BTW we are part of eTwinning Plus and we have our profile on British Council schools online. Are you in eTwinning?
Sophia

5 Mar 2014     

schoolteacher1986
Russian Federation

Dear Joanna!
There are pupils of different age in our school. We also have students aged from 7 to 13. It �ll be interesting for us to take part in such collaboration.

5 Mar 2014     

Flavinha Z
Brazil

Hello, Joanna! I �m from Brazil and I �d like participate in your project. I �m teaching English in two public school and my students aged from 11 to 14 years old. The students � level is basic and they don �t write very in English, so I �d like develop this skill with them. 

Thanks!

5 Mar 2014     

LenaMar
Portugal

Hi,
I am very interested so I sent you a private message.

Helena

5 Mar 2014     

sollycap
Argentina

Hi, I �m really interested on this project, I belong to a bilingual school in santiago del estero Argentina. It �s called Big Ben School. My students are from 6th grade -primary school (11 years old). They are only 25, but I can ask other teachers from my school to be part of this idea. Here is my e-mail [email protected]

5 Mar 2014     

joannajs
Poland

Dear All my colleagues from around the world,

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I �m a Director of Studies and teacher at the school (ANGLOSCHOOL) and really would like the project to be as multicultural as possible, so would be happy to do the project with all of you, the more the merrier LOL 
Here are some of the things we have done so far at Cambridge Penfriends:

http://penfriends.cambridgeenglish.org/viewschool.php?id=1445

The next topic to write about is "Where I live". We have also contributed something about Christmas and "Amazing animals".

Anyway, to make the long story short, I have forwarded the link to this forum to my colleagues direclty in charge of the project and hope you �ll hear from us soon - if you still want to.

best,

joanna 

6 Mar 2014