Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Urgent help needed!!! First Class with my teen class!!!     

Urgent help needed!!! First Class with my teen class!!!

Jessisun
Argentina

Urgent help needed!!! First Class with my teen class!!!

Hi!!! I work in an English Private Academy. Last year I was working with kids between 10 to 13 years old. This year I �ve been assigned a teen class (kids among 14 to 16 years old). Their level could best upper-intermediate. Next Monday I start with this class. I �ve had teen classes before but I was used to teaching kids, Any ideas for the first class??? Games, activities??? Any suggestion will be welcomed!!!! Thanks a lot for your replies in advances!!! Regards from Argentina!!!Smile

15 Mar 2014      

aee.aee
Slovenia

Hello! It depends if the students know each other or not. When I taught first class of high school, students came from different primary schools and they didn �t know each other well. Usually there were groups of three, four or five students from the same school. I prepared a worksheet with different questions (you can adapt the questions to their level of knowledge)e.g. What �s your favourite colour, film, song, food, etc.? or you can ask What country have you travelled to? Which concert have you been to? What is the most unusual thing that you have done? Have you ever won a competition? - Then I gathered all the worksheets and we played guess who game. Guess whose favourite colour is red, who has travelled to Greece and won a gold medal at athletics competition? This way you will get to know the students and students will get to know each other. You will revise different vocabulary and grammar structures and students will have fun. Enjoy your teaching and students will enjoy your classes. P.S. It is good to have some dictionaries handy as students can ask some very unusual vocabulary questions and you can �t answer all the students at once. They should look the words up in the dictionary. It is a good way to teach them to work with dictionaries. :) MATTEA

16 Mar 2014