Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > file size    

file size

teacher1976
Germany

file size

Hi, I �m new here and have a question about file size. I see lot �s of uploaded worksheets with many pictures and beautiful layouts. But when I tried to upload my own worksheets I had to get rid of many pictures and change the layout, because they would have been too big to upload otherwise :-( Can anyone tell me what to do (other than get rid of the pics) to size down the documents? An answer would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany!

27 Mar 2014      

dackala
Serbia

Hi,
Look at this tutorial, it is really helful and you will know how to compact your ws. I had the same problem and this helped me. You can download all tutorials free of charge of course.

www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=357385#thetop

27 Mar 2014     

habibb
Tunisia

Hi,
You should compress the pictures. Right click on one of them, choose compress and then apply it to all the pictures of the document.

27 Mar 2014     

massplus
France

Hi! Before pasting pictures in Word, I usually use the Photofiltre freeware and then I "save as" the file as a jpeg with a lower percentage quality (usually, at a 50 percent compression ratio, text is still readable with no noticeable quality loss). I then check the file size and if the picture still looks good, I use it. I also use the compression option in Word, it can help too.

27 Mar 2014     

Kasiabasia
Poland

Wow, it �s funny because a few minutes ago while trying to upload my own worksheet I was wondering what I should do if my file size is too big. I googled it and found out that you need to compress the documents. When I did it in the Word document, I was surprised because the quality hasn �t changed at all. :)

27 Mar 2014     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

@ Dear Kasiabasia

I wonder if you could tell me the link to compress file size, please!
Thanks so much for your help.

ascincoquinas

27 Mar 2014     

sarasantos
Portugal

Hello!

Well I think this ESL tutorial  can help you... it helped me a lot!

Best regards,

Sara Santos

27 Mar 2014     

teacher1976
Germany

Hello everybody
THANKS a bunch for your helpful answers!!
Sorry for posting this very late! I �m new here and didn �t know how to find back to this thread... Ah well...! 

1 Apr 2014