Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Two questions    

Two questions

pilarmham
Spain

Two questions

Could you telm me the correct form?: irregular verb quiz or irregular verbs quiz?

My second question is: is it correct to say happiness � whereabouts? Or happiness �s whereabouts? Or does it sound strange altogether? Is there a better way to wonder about where one can find happiness?

Thanks!

29 Mar 2014      

Apodo
Australia

Irregular verb quiz sounds the best to me, but the plural wouldn �t be incorrect.

It would have to be happiness �s whereabouts...but that �s a bit of a mouthful (hard to say) & I would probably say it another way.
It depends on the context.

The whereabouts of happiness.
People seek happiness in many places.
Where can happiness be found?
Finding happiness.
Seeking happiness.

29 Mar 2014     

pilarmham
Spain

Thank you, Apodo Smile

29 Mar 2014     

joy2bill
Australia

Generally when a noun is used as an adjective it loses the �s �. So we get three-year-old girl not three-years-old girl. So I would go for irregular verb quiz based on that theory.

29 Mar 2014     

Apodo
Australia

Irregular verb quiz sounds the best to me, but the plural wouldn �t be incorrect.

It would have to be happiness �s whereabouts...but that �s a bit of a mouthful (hard to say) & I would probably say it another way.
It depends on the context.

The whereabouts of happiness.
People seek happiness in many places.
Where can happiness be found?
Finding happiness.
Seeking happiness.

29 Mar 2014