Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Greetings and leave takings    

Greetings and leave takings

la mente maestra
Costa Rica

Greetings and leave takings

Hi guys , it�s been long time  , I appreciatte all the resources for teaching greetings like powerpoints and ws and I want to ask you if someone has some ideas to teach greetings or some activities?

3 Apr 2014      

pinkblossom
Germany

Dear Friend,

I do agree that sometimes teaching greetings especially at the elementary level is

boring for us, you as a teacher do know different kinds of greetings,so I suggest you 

to close the books (this is what I usually do in my classes) and call your students � attention

to Role Playing, you should model them at first in your class, then ask your students to 

come in the front of class in different groups and play the Roles and Greet, it brings too 

much fun in the class as well. Students should enjoy learning language.

Have Fun

3 Apr 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

No problem, mate. All the resources and ideas you need or may want to have can be found on this lovely website. You got a few points left to download whatever you fancy, don �t you? My advice, make sure to bring in some variations, i.e. I could say You�re welcome, but I could also say: No problem (as I did). No worries, Don�t mention it, My pleasure, Anytime, It was the least I could do, Glad to help, Sure, Thank you. This can be done with almost any subject like: Saying Hello and Goodbyes, ask how someone is, saying How are you and Thank you, respond to a thank you, apologizing and respond to an apology, introductions and even saying Yes and No. The possibilities are endless, so have fun! Cheers, Peter.

3 Apr 2014     

GigiGraziano
Argentina

There are some fun videos about greetings, maybe you can watch them and then act them! And you ca also film the Sts doing it! I did it and they liked very much! I can�t find the video to give it to you sorry! You can also use the Beatles  song Hello goodbye! 

4 Apr 2014