Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Sports Lesson Icebraker    

Sports Lesson Icebraker

MaricelaD
Romania

Sports Lesson Icebraker

Hello everyone! 

On Friday I will have a demo lesson for a very famous school and my topic is sports. I should teach this lesson to 5th graders. I need a great idea for an icebraker and an amazing ending for the lesson so I can make a good impression there and hopefully, get the job Wink

Thank you so much for your suggestions and ideas! 

8 Apr 2014      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Here are some ideas how to start:
1) two teams, match the country to its sport (that �s if your students know them)
2) two teams, give them the names of the tools or flashcards and have them guess the name of the sport that uses those tools; a similar activity could be guessing a sport with a help of a card with a clue (e.g. clue:to do this sport you need goggles and a pool, answer - swimming)
3) make a set of anagrams of the sports they know and have them compete at guessing them
(e.g. imsngmiw, loaftlbo, xob, sinetn, etc.)
... maybe not that fancy but can be enjoyed by students.

As to ending a lesson, why not do it with a song? perhaps something like "we �re the champions" (btw there �s a sponge bob version and a crazy frog version on YouTube:) or "the waving flag"...

8 Apr 2014     

cris rose
Colombia

talk about the world cup which is an inprtant sport event taking place soon

8 Apr 2014     

aslan_arslan
Russian Federation

Hi!
 Try esl-galaxy.com or autoenglish.org. I �m sure you �ll find something that might be useful for you. I have some printables that I �ve dowloaded from above mentioned sites. I can send you via e-mail if you wish! By the way, you can use the printable uploaded by one of our esl teachers  (logic puzzle 10 - sports) I think that�ll suit  5-graders. Good luck!

8 Apr 2014     

liza_xxx93
Russian Federation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGI3WWvicqw - you can try OLYMPIC BLUES (at the end of the lesson or just for a break)

8 Apr 2014     

MaricelaD
Romania

Thank you for all your help! 

Wonderful ideas!

9 Apr 2014