Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed    

Help needed

Myszka
Poland

Help needed

Dear friends -  english native speakers.
I need help. Could you have a look at this translation and correct mistakes or change wrong things PLEASE!?
Thanks in advance!

The low back pain is a common phenomenon among physiotherapists. The main reason is an overload due to the professional work and the lifestyle.

The aim of this work was the evaluation of low back pain frequency among physiotherapists and to show the connection between the occupation and the frequency of pain problems.

The research was carried out on the basis of a survey in the period of time from March to June 2013.  The research group consisted of 67 people working as physiotherapists.

The analysis of the collected data showed that the pain syndrome of the low back pain occurred in up to 82,1 % respondents. The pain in L-S part of the spine escalated with the increase of the length of service. Most of the surveyed physiotherapists declared the knowledge of the low back pain prevention and the knowledge of the ergonomics with the patient.

On the basis of this studies we can conclude that the physiotherapists occupation involves the risk of low back pain.

6 May 2014      

kons
Morocco

Hi,
Although I �m not a native speaker, I think I can help. This is an abstract of a research paper, isn �t it?

The low back pain which is a common phenomenon among physiotherapists is caused by an overload due to professional work and lifestyle.

The aim of this research is to show the evaluation of low back pain frequency among physiotherapists and to see if there is any connection between the occupation and the frequency of pain problems.

This research is carried out on the basis of a survey which was done/carried out between March and June 2013.  The participants in this study are 67 people working as physiotherapists.(Before you mention the results, you should talk about data collection.)

The analysis of the collected data shows that the pain syndrome of the low back pain occurs  up to 82,1 % respondents(I �m not sure of this). The pain in L-S part of the spine escalates with the increase of the length of service. Most of the surveyed physiotherapists declared the knowledge of the low back pain prevention and the knowledge of the ergonomics with the patient.

In the light of these results, physiotherapists occupation involves the risk of low back pain.

BTW, if this is really an abstract, it should be written as one single paragraph.

6 May 2014     

libertybelle
United States

I think we usually use the term - lower back pain.

6 May 2014     

douglas
United States

Liberty is right

7 May 2014     

Myszka
Poland

Thanks for your suggestions !
So the rest of the text is quite OK , isn �t it?

Many thanks  - once again!

It�s good too be a part of such a helpful group :D

7 May 2014     

yanogator
United States

Actually, there are a few other things. This is the first chance I �ve had to undertake this somewhat lengthy task (because of needing very careful reading), so here goes. I know that articles give some trouble to people who speak Slavic languages, so the use of "the" needs some correction here.

Lower back pain is a common phenomenon among physiotherapists. The main reason is an overload due to their professional work and lifestyle.

The aim of this work was the evaluation of lower back pain frequency among physiotherapists and to show the connection between the occupation and the frequency of pain problems.

The research was carried out on the basis of a survey during the period from March to June 2013. The research group consisted of 67 people working as physiotherapists.

The analysis of the collected data showed that the syndrome of lower back pain occurred in up to 82,1 % of respondents. The pain in the L-S part of the spine escalated with the increase in the length of service. Most of the surveyed physiotherapists declared their knowledge of lower back pain prevention and of the use of ergonomics with the patient.

On the basis of this study we can conclude that the physiotherapist occupation involves the risk of lower back pain.

Bruce

7 May 2014     

Myszka
Poland

Thank you very much !!!

7 May 2014