Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with a word!!!!!!!    

Help with a word!!!!!!!

Jessisun
Argentina

Help with a word!!!!!!!

Hello, dear people!!! I have a doubt as regard vocabulary. Yesterday in my adult class, we were talking about � Love and Relationships � and I explained them the meaning of the word �womanizer � to refer to a man who �s always flirting to most or all women around him....but is there a term for women who have the same attittude towards men?? Thank you a lot for helping me whenever I have a doubt!!!! Regards!!!! :)

9 May 2014      

douglas
United States

Unfortunately in this rather sexist world, I can only think of inappropriate derogatory words for this-- "flirt" (which works for both sexes) is the best appropriate one I can come up with at the moment.

( If you want the inappropriate ones just PM me.) 

Cheers,
Douglas

10 May 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, Douglas is all too right. 
A �womaniser � is more than a flirt - it implies he tries to get the women into bed. Other terms are �a casanova � etc.... none terribly derogatory, but terms for women who do the same thing are quite nasty words e.g.   �tart � �slapper � �slag � etc...

A positive one is �Slay Queen �. A slay queen is someone who knocks �em dead. She can take her pick. I should know! Wink

10 May 2014     

frenchfrog
France

What about �maneater �?

10 May 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

nympho?
seductress?

10 May 2014     

Jessisun
Argentina

Thank you a bunch for your replies!!! They �re extremelly useful!! Regards!!! :)

10 May 2014