Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Textbook suggestion for adult pre-intermediate    

Textbook suggestion for adult pre-intermediate

caritush
Argentina

Textbook suggestion for adult pre-intermediate

Hi guys! When teaching general english to adults I always choose the English File series. However, I realized that I don �t like the pre-intermediate book at all. I don �t like the topics and how they are presented, the contents of each unit or file are just so isolated, they don �t really stand together as a whole like in the elementary or the intermediate course books.

That �s why I �m asking for suggestions for a similar series of textbooks for my new pre-intermediate student!

(I don �t like total english or english result because of the same problem I encounter with the pre-int english file, I �m looking for units that are actually thematic units-wholes)

Thanks!!

20 May 2014      

HiFly
Austria

Try the Lifestyle series (Pearson Longman) for general adults - a good mix of work/social and travel subjects.

Best of Luck

20 May 2014     

Nezabudka
Belarus

I like Cutting Edge, I use English File and Cutting Edge together.

21 May 2014