Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help    

Help

roael
Brazil

Help

Are these sentences correct? 1) Have a Nice weekend. To you too. 2) The actors perfomed bravely on the stage last night. 3) The dangers of drinking and driving are widely known, although young people are not afraid to put their lives on the line everytime they go clubbing. 4) The students got a chance to be their own bosses for one day: just what they had always wanted to. 5) Trendy Brazilian high-school students . Is the order ok? 6) There are some adverbs that have two forms with different meanings. Which of the pairs below is NOT part of this group? a) hard-hardly b) late-lately c) happy-happily d) easy-easily Thanks in advance.

26 May 2014      

darryn
United Kingdom

1.  You too or and you- is more natural. 4. ..............they had always wanted to do. 6. a and b are wrong. Bye mate. Darryn.

26 May 2014     

roael
Brazil

But I�m supposed to choose a) To you too and B) For you too. So....

26 May 2014     

Manuhk
Hong Kong

But in real life, people don �t speak like that. i agree with Darryn, you too or and you is more natural.

26 May 2014     

roael
Brazil

I agree with you, but in the exercise I have to choose from a or b, which is kind of weird.

26 May 2014     

Apodo
Australia

1)  You too. / And you too. / And you..... I guess the BEST WRONG answer is To you too ;-)
2) ok
3) ok
4).... Just what they had always wanted.  NOT wanted to
5) ok
6)  c. happy/ happily is not part of the group.

26 May 2014     

rodrigoleao2005
Brazil

Thanks a lot for your help. In relation to the sentence The students got a chance to be their own bosses for one day: just what they had always... I have 4 options: a) wanted to b) wanted to do c) wanted to be d) wanted to be bosses So which do you think is the best answer? Thanks again.

26 May 2014     

darryn
United Kingdom

If you must say it unnaturally- say to you too (a). I repeat - wanted to do (b). Number 6 I misread the question so apodo is right on that one sorry. happy- happily has only one meaning- so is not part of the group.

26 May 2014     

rodrigoleao2005
Brazil

Thanks.

27 May 2014     

yanogator
United States

No one has pointed out that in 3, it should be "every time", not "everytime".

In 1, the others are correct that neither choice is correct, and I agree that "to you, too" (note the comma before "too") sounds a little less unnatural.

Bruce

27 May 2014     

rodrigoleao2005
Brazil

Thanks, Bruce.

27 May 2014     

1    2    Next >