Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need help please    

I need help please

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

I need help please

HI, I need your help please. If I want to send an email to my friend living in another country. I want to talk about the weather. What should I say: it is hot here or it is hot there???? Secondly, why in the following sentence we use for not at : I have booked a table for 8 o´clock. Regards :-)

26 May 2014      

58pattpatt
Germany

You �re talking about the weather where YOU are.

It is hot here.

You �re asking about the weather where YOUR FRIEND is.

How is the weather there?  Is is hot there?

have to think a bit more about your other question.

27 May 2014     

douglas
United States

Booking a table "for" (vs "at") is essentially to prevent confusion; if you use "at" we assume you are talking about the point of time where you talked to somebody and made the booking (not the time that you need the table).

27 May 2014     

darryn
United Kingdom

Yes Douglas is  right.  For 8 o �clock is the time you are meant to eat. About the weather. If it �s hot  in the country where you are, you would say," It is hot here." If you say "there" you are talking about the place he is. But if you have seen the weather and know it is hot in his country - you could say it �s hot there (in your country).

27 May 2014