Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Games in Saint Valentine - Helpp !! ^-^ ´     

Games in Saint Valentine - Helpp !! ^-^ ´

MissMelissa12
Peru

Games in Saint Valentine - Helpp !! ^-^ ´

I can ´t come up with any games to do with my students related to saint valentine. We ´ll do the ´ ´secret friend ´ ´ one but I want something else.
I appreciate the ideas you have. I ´d prefer active games/activities to work with them.
Of course it should be something where my students usea a lot of speaking. It ´s a free grammar feature activity.

Thank you so much in advanced!!

Miss Melissa. Hug

11 Feb 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

I ´ve already prepared some games to play with my ss in teams.

1. Breathless - you need a straw and 10 paper hearts. The aim is to ´suck ´ the heart onto the straw so it gets stuck to it and take it from point A to point B. My ss will play it in teams of 3.
2. A funny love poem - the students take out the ready made pieces of papers with ´love ´ words (kiss, scent) and ´non love ´ words (scissors, monkey, toilet, etc.) and are supposed to make a rhyme using the words.
3. Best friends/lovers - they answer multiple answer Qs about one another (a, b or c) by standing back to back and lifting a card - A, B or C. The couple with most correct answers, wins.

Ahhh, i have some more, but i ´m late for an appointment. Will message you later with more ideas, if you need them. Smile

Alas, again! I just saw you needed speaking activities. Why bother them with speaking now! Why not give them fun! We all need it and love it! LOL

11 Feb 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I have an activity that I use with teenagers or adults.  You can prepare a survey for the students which is divided into a boy ´s section and a girl ´s section.  You have each student answer the survey and then the class has to answer how they think people will answer the question.
On the survey you could ask questions like´are you looking for a person your  parents will like´? or ´are you looking for a person who is romantic´?  You can make up a variety of questions and you could make some of the them humourous.
I find it is an activity that is fun and gives the students a chance to converse.

11 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I ´m  back from the meeting :)
4 Here ´s another one. Karaoke love songs! They don ´t have to be real karaoke, i.e. just the music and no voice. You just give the texts to the ss and tell them to sing along!
I did "Wonderful world" by Sam Cooke. It ´s fabulous. You can find it on You Tube and download it free.
5 Matching heart halves in teams. (you decide how you ´ll make it hard on them)
6 Dancing with a balloon between the two partners. (it ´s nothing new, but it ´s effective)

... Ahhh, i have to go again! Lol! Must drive the guests home! It ´s lashing rain here. Smile

11 Feb 2009     

demeuter
Belgium

Mayby the worksheet writing strategies can help you

Karina

12 Feb 2009