Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with a word!!!!!!!    

Help with a word!!!!!!!

Jessisun
Argentina

Help with a word!!!!!!!

Hello, everybody!!! I have a doubt as regard vocabulary. Yesterday in my adult class we were talking about �The Royal family � and one of my students told me that � Harry � ( Prince Charles and Princess Diana �s son) likes parties a lot!!! But not �common � parties but those with lot of girls, alcoholic drinks and especially those who end up at dawn with all the guests  drunk, sleeping on the backyard surrounded by empty bottles or in the floor of the living room... is there a word  in English for those parties???? Confused Thank you a lot in advance!!!! Regards!!!

3 Jun 2014      

anahutten
Canada

I would call the wild parties!

3 Jun 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yep, wild parties! It �s a while since I �ve been to one. Could we have a cyber party on here? Beer

3 Jun 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Just in case you �re interested in Prince Harry �s profile, here �s the one done by BBC.
And here �s a quotation about Harry being a party person:
More recently, the Royal Family had been attempting to distance Harry from his past image as the "party prince".

3 Jun 2014     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

@ Lynne: Can I join you? Wink

3 Jun 2014     

yanogator
United States

No, Lynne, I don �t want to see you drunk.

Bruce

3 Jun 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Looking at Harry �s pictures from Las Vegas, it seemed to be an orgie rather than a party. If that �s the case, you �d better be very drunk, otherwise you �ll remember too much.  Nevertheless, when I was Lynne �s age we called it a wild party, too.  I don �t want to be a party pooper, Lynn, but drinking is something from a distant past, now  Too may hangovers have affected my brain, I guess.  As a reformed non-drinker I join Bruce.  Cheers, Peter

3 Jun 2014     

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

I would simply call it a drunken revelry!

4 Jun 2014     

sokmakara
Cambodia

4 Jun 2014