Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP    

HELP

ELOJOLIE274
France

HELP

To my colleagues teaching in France and helping their pupils get ready for the written exam of the BAC (s�rie L or ES)

I �m a substitute, was on sick leave for the past 3 years, I decided to start working again before the school year is over to evaluate what I can do (and how much I can do...).
Until yesterday I had no idea where they would send me, if I was going to teach or simply "help" (today I put exam papers in alphabetical order!) etc.
And now I �ve learnt that I will have teach Terminales before the BAC - their oral exams already done, I will have to help them get ready for the written one (written understanding and written production)
I taught high school pupils, but never Terminales, and I don �t really have time to find ressources (I might have them on thursday and tomorrow I �m at the hospital most of the day...)
can you provide me with a couple of documents you used with your class (for Term L or ES, that �s for sure, LV1 I guess although I �m not sure, the headmaster didn �t say much and he hasn �t sent me the email with all the details as promised!!!)

please, can you help me???

I �ve checked the bulletin officiel, so I know the details of the written exam (it hasn �t changed much since I last graded BAC papers in 2009) so I know the documents can be the same for both class, but I don �t know how many hours I �ll have so I need several documents just in case...

THANKS!!!

3 Jun 2014      

elderberrywine
Germany

poor you, that sounds hard!
I do hope colleagues will send you documents!

3 Jun 2014     

Simonet
Italy

I �m not sure it might be useful, but in the following link there is a slideshow in French about writing:

https://sites.google.com/site/provipals/assignments/forthebacwrittenexamforthetlesst2s

I find the following material interesting. It �s the BBC website for English students preparing for GCSE. You press: English >> Writing >> Revise  and there are explanations and sample texts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/english/writing/

However, maybe the students already know what to do... by themselves and you just have to be like a "traffic policeman". Sometimes (but not always) they can be very resourceful.

All the best from Italy
SP

3 Jun 2014     

Simonet
Italy

Something else is below:

Bye
sp

3 Jun 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Thanks... it �s not exactly what I was looking for but it will help anyway :)

4 Jun 2014     

karagozian
France

I unfortunately don �t have this kind of students. I would have liked to help you dear friend. I �ve been thinking many times of you and dearly hope you are much better. That is really the most important. I have to prepare mine mainly for oral exams. I wish you the best and real SORRY. But there must be some around here willing to help you !

4 Jun 2014     

baloochester
France

I teach Terminales ES this year, if you send me an PM with your email adress I �ll send you some documents for the written part as now they have to work on at least 2 documents with questions for document A some questions for documents B and some questions on both documents.
Otherwise you can find online what they had in Pondichery a few months ago.
And the writtent part has changed for the L, LVA otherwise it is the same for L and ES

Don �t hesitate to send me a PM and I �ll answer you quickly :)

4 Jun 2014     

spied-d-aignel
France

Dear Elodie , just a word of comfort even if , as a teacher in a small  coll�ge of Normandy , I am unable to help you in your request.I �m sure you will manage to find that help here , wishing you all the best , Sylvie!:)

4 Jun 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

thank you!!! I knew I could find help here :) or at least words of confort ;)

4 Jun 2014