Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Uploading powerpoints    

Uploading powerpoints

hekateros
Portugal

Uploading powerpoints

Hello everyone,

I �ve created a powerpoint for my Business English classes, which I wanted to upload here. The problem is that I created it with the latest version of Microsoft Office (pptx) and, after saving as a 1997-2003 Office (ppt) file, the powerpoint becomes much larger in size: originally 123kb to 1,62mb. I does not have any pictures that I could reduce, only text, little animation and I used a new tool: SmartArt. I don �t know if that �s what makes it so heavy when I convert the file to ppt. Does anyone know the reason? Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to reduce the file?

Thank you so much :)

12 Feb 2009      

Logos
Malaysia

Try removing the smart Art and �save as � another .ppt and see if the size has reduced considerably.  The other thing you should check is if you have selected �Embed True Type Fonts � on the Options menu.  This also can take up space - so uncheck it, if you have regular fonts.

I have no experience with transferring from the newer version of office, still on XP I �m afraid.

12 Feb 2009     

hekateros
Portugal

Dear Logos,

Thank you so much for your help. I �ve tried but couldn �t freduce size.
What I �ll do is: I �ll upload the presentation in 2 or 3 different files...

Greetings :)

12 Feb 2009     

miarish
Portugal

Hi!
I �m having the same problem and I aldo uploaded the file in two different parts with no animations...
It �s the only way :(
Kisses!

13 Feb 2009