Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD    

WOD

Jayho
Australia

WOD

Hi everyone

Thank you to Isa2 for choosing my definition.

Here is the new word.  It is now obsolete but was commonly used in the 1600�s.  Do your best to think of a witty definition for today�s usage.

tragematopolist

Cheers

Jayho

27 Jun 2014      

isa2
Austria

It �s a tragedian (TRAGE) who lost his mate (MAT) to the opposition (OPPO) leader.

27 Jun 2014     

you_per7
Algeria

It means:

Tragedy Magazines Top List. It used to be published  at the end of June. Five years ago I read in the list this title   Othello ... written by a man called Shakespeare.

27 Jun 2014     

Manuhk
Hong Kong

No, I think you got it wrong...
tragen (German for to carry something)
mat (as in yoga mat)
opolist for opposition

Tragematopolists are people who refuse to carry their own yoga mats Wink

27 Jun 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It �s a person - usually a man; but not necessarily, who wanders the hills aimlessly. 
Trage - to drag about aimlessly (fl�ner) 
matopol - the hills
ist - ist.

27 Jun 2014     

florimago
Spain

it defines a TRAGIC incident in which a POLICE officer was murderered (MATO in Spanish)

27 Jun 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

Hi Jayho,

I �m sorry to interrupt the game but I wonder if you could post another word for the contest; it has already been used by MoodyMoody here  and she chose my definition.
BTW, I suspected that the previous word posted by isa has also been dealt with. It took me a quite while to  search for the link and found nothing  before I got tired and gave it up .
To avoid using the same word again,I suggest we should mention the word in the heading of each post so that it becomes easy for us to check . so what do you think?

28 Jun 2014     

Daisee
Vietnam

Tragematopolist

t + rage + ma + top + o + list

It �s a raging ma, called T,  on top of the �o � list

28 Jun 2014     

Jayho
Australia

I absolutely love Manuhk�s definition.  I�m too lazy to carry my own yoga mat so I must be a tragematopolist!

Actually, back in the 1600�s a tragematopolist was every child�s favourite person, a seller of sweets!

Cheers

Jayho

29 Jun 2014