Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > What teachers really do during their holidays    

What teachers really do during their holidays

GIOVANNI
Canada

What teachers really do during their holidays

Keep the page rolling.  If you really want to know what teachers do during their holidays read this article:

http://www.teachhub.com/what-teachers-really-do-over-summer-break

By:  Outside the Box Teaching Idea

What Teachers Really Do Over Summer BreakTeachers work really hard, and while most of the world would have you believe we are so lucky to have summers off, I wonder how many teachers actually TAKE the summer off. I don �t.

There is always a new curriculum to learn (especially with all the changes going on), new assessments and programs, new lessons, new methods, professional development, and planning. I also tutor (as do many of my collegues) during the summer, participate in summer programs, and try to catch up on reading the latest educational blogs, sourcing pinterest, and reading twitter comments.

However, with just a handful of days left until another school year comes to an end, I thought it would be fun to have students write down what they think teachers do during the summer break. I loved the responses so much that I had to share the most creative answers!

In addition to my student responses about teachers � summer activities, this list also contains what I told my students about what teachers really do over the summer (or at least what I do).

http://www.teachhub.com/what-teachers-really-do-over-summer-break

16 Jul 2014      

carinita
Argentina

Thanks for sharing

16 Jul 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Thanks for the article, Nancy! And thanks for sharing a great website, too.
I usually can �t wait for the summer to come:) I do occasionally go to a professional development summer school. I also try to put everything in order right after the time when classes are over because lots of things get misplaced during the school year. Then there �s usually lots of cleaning at home as well:) I also love relaxing, just watching series or reading something online... 

17 Jul 2014