Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help on Worksheet Making    

Help on Worksheet Making

tarajun
Iran

Help on Worksheet Making

Dear Friends!
I have already made powerpoint worksheets. I have seen many colorful worksheets in eslprintable.

But  I really don �t know how to make it with word document so that it has beautiful shapeful MARGINS and BACKGROUNDS with Microsoft Office Word. I know the standard page layout page border, but the borders are too simple even the shaped ones. If there is a software or website from which I can get background, Please help me friends!

20 Jul 2014      

you_per7
Algeria

Welcome to the family.
At the top of  the page. you can see:

Rules and instructions    Register    Send a printable    Send a smartboard file    Send a PowerPoint    Make an Online Exercise    Tutorials   Templates   F.A.Q.   Links

Click on Templates .

20 Jul 2014     

lisilemos
Argentina

Hi! I use WPClipart.com clip art, they are for free and public domain.

I use some photos from  stock.xchange (www.sxc.hu/home, it changes its name to free.images.com) for pictionaries, etc; but you have to register to download them. You can find some backgrounds and images for your worksheets there, too. some photographers may ask you to give them the photo credits.
See this options, for backgrounds with the shape of a notebook, for instance: (NOTEBOOK SHAPED BACKGROUNDS) http://www.freeimages.com/browse.phtml?f=search&w=1&txt=sheet&p=3

More photos on: www.publicdomainpictures.net , see for example: (FRAMES) http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/hledej.php?hleda=frame&x=0&y=0

You can download packs of thematic images or art from media militia for free (freebies) to use them as background:  www.mediamilitia.com/category/freebies/
Tip! Don �t download the packs that only contain .EPS o .AI images, unless you use photoshop or adobe illlustrator. You can download .PNG images, that you can use with any computer program. See, for example:(101 RIBBONS AND BANNERS) http://mediamilitia.com/3d-elements-ribbons-banners-pack/

All these images are public domain (PD), it means that they can be used without restrictions, even for commercial purposes.

I hope you find this information useful for you! ;)
Cheers! 

20 Jul 2014     

miss-o
Portugal

Hello!
Click on Templates .

20 Jul 2014     

Hodizzle
United States

You can always make them in powerpoint and then use a converter to turn them to a word file. 

20 Jul 2014     

douglas
United States

Even better, click on "Tutorials", this contains some wonderful guides for creating worksheets that were made by some present and past members of the site. Cheers, Douglas

21 Jul 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Adding a colorful boarder can be achieved in Office 2013 by going to the design tab on the ribbon>page color>fill effects>picture (you browse for a picture on your computer and it becomes the background). Then you have to insert a solid colored shape to cover up the part of the background that you do not want to show, leaving only the boarder.

Earlier versions of Microsoft Office work differently. In one version I read that you have to click on the header and drag an image onto it in order to use it as a background.

I hope one of those methods is right for your version of Word.

http://all-free-download.com/free-vector/border-patterns.html has little squares of patterns that are for borders.  I searched on  design pattern on borders to find some.

21 Jul 2014