Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Monographies    

Monographies

yogiba61
Spain

Monographies

Dear friends,

Happhy holidays for those who can enjoy summer holidays right now! I �m on holiday at last after a very hard school year. I need your wise advice about a new course I have to teach in September, we  call it �investigation monographic job �. It is for upper-elementary students of English and we only have one hour a week. Students have to prepare a kind of project throughout the course about a topic, I �m not sure about the topic. Have you got any ideas? It is the first time I have to do it and we have very little time, as I said just one hour a week!  One topic can be �English Speaking countries in the world �. In the very beginning we have to work how to write a monography... perhaps it is better to work in twos or threes. What do you think? I would appreciate any ideas. Smile

21 Jul 2014      

anaram
Spain

I have taught this subject both in English and Spanish and I let the students choose the topic. I think choosing (and narrowing the initial choice) is part of real life research projects so I think this is a good experience. If they have no idea what to choose I give them some advice but most of them end up with their own ideas. They usually work in pairs or 3 people maximum.You can hava a look here to see more about it.

I hope it helps

23 Jul 2014