Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Good morning!    

Good morning!

anitarobi
Croatia

Good morning!

Dear colleagues, I need some advice. Do your schools have a limit of the number of lessons per level/module that the students have to attend in order to be allowed to take the final exam? I am talking about language courses, of course. To make it more clear, if a student attends only 30% of the lessons, do you allow them to take the final exam and get their certificate? Thank you! Anita PS: Spammers rise and shine, I see. Some people really have nothing better to do in life.

23 Jul 2014      

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

In our school a student can �t be allowed to pass exams if heshe missed so many lessons and the teacher isn �t sure that this student is able to pass the exam. But it is a very rare situation, because classmaster controls the attending of lessons and begins to work with the student, hisher parents and school administration if the student misses more than 10 lessons during a month.

23 Jul 2014     

Enid Stella
South Africa

We have a rule that the student must attend 85% of their classes - this includes time off for illness but our DOS will evaluate the reasons for being absent and can bypass the rule at her discretion.

24 Jul 2014