Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Microsoft clipart    

Microsoft clipart

FrauSue
France

Microsoft clipart

Dear all,

Is it ok to use Microsoft clipart in worksheets we upload here? Since the work is in .doc form, I suppose we assume that all users have access to licensed Microsoft software. Is it breaking the site �s copyright rules to use Microsoft �s images?  Thank you.

25 Jul 2014      

COLOMBO
Russian Federation

Hi! I think you can use any cliparts you want, as long as they are not watermarked. 
Have a nice weekend! :)

25 Jul 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Have a look at their terms of use.

25 Jul 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

It is not OK to use Microsoft clip art if the clip art is the main part of the document, so you cannot use the clip art in a pictionary, for example, or other worksheet in which the clip art is a major part of the document..

It is my understanding that it is not OK to use Microsoft clip art here because we are posting our worksheets to a web site, which is the same thing as distributing them.  Microsoft clip art is licensed for non-profit personal use such as educational use in the classroom for students to do homework, but not for anyone to post online.

"You may not (i) sell, license, or distribute copies of the media elements by themselves or as a product if the primary value of the product is the media elements".

25 Jul 2014     

FrauSue
France

Thanks for all the links. It seems, based on what they say, that clipart as illustration is ok (so just to jazz up a text-based sheet) but not clipart on a mainly image-based sheet (e.g. match the pictures to the words). I am willing to stand corrected if necessary!

26 Jul 2014