Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > phonetics for beginners and intermediate pupils    

phonetics for beginners and intermediate pupils

ELOJOLIE274
France

phonetics for beginners and intermediate pupils

hi,

i �m looking for a good course book to teach phonetics, word-stress, sentence-stress / intonation etc... to my pupils (level: beginner + intermediate - A1 to B1).
ideally i �d like something with a CD it would make my job so much easier...

do you have any idea???

otherwise i �m looking for online exercises (with recording) to help my pupils master the intonation of YES-NO questions vs the intonation of WH- question... i haven �t found anything so far but i was wondering if a native speaker would be kind enough to record a few questions (what �s your name? where are you from? do you have any pets? etc...) for me so i can create the exercise from scratch... i would record it myself but it �s always best for our pupils to hear native speakers with different accents, intonation etc... there �s no rush: it �s for my 1st lesson plan in september, but i �m trying to have everything ready before i �m back to school...

thanks a lot!

31 Jul 2014      

Peter Hardy
Australia

I use some video clips from www.bbclearningenglish.com, well, 44 to be more precise, to teach pronunciation. Took me a while to download, but they are really great. (I use an Interactive White board.) I also use �Phoneme Machine �. I found a free edition on the Internet. Both clearly show how to form the 44 sounds. To expose my students to different accents I made some �how to say � PPTs with an American Voice. (Sorry if this sounds like promoting my work.) There are more of such PPTs in the planning, if I can find the time. Alltogether with many lovely PPTs and WS from this site, my students do really well. (Okay, they have a great teacher, too, but we all do our best, don �t we?) Hope this is of some help in your quest. Enjoy the rest of your summer working-holidays. Cheers, Peter.

31 Jul 2014     

alphakhung
Vietnam

For Phonetics and pronunciation I think you should use "Ship or Sheep" or "Tree or Three" , coursebooks with CDs are available in bookstores

Also PDFs of the books and free audio files are available online too

31 Jul 2014