Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teaching Prepositions of Place    

Teaching Prepositions of Place

EstherLee76
Peru

Teaching Prepositions of Place

Hi,

I am trying to get my young students ready for the Cambridge Exams this year and a big part of the exam is prepositions of place.  I am realizing that this takes a lot of time and can �t be done in a unit the way it is presented in most books.  I have been using games, activities and worksheets.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for me?

Thanks very much!

Esther

1 Aug 2014      

Enid Stella
South Africa

Hi Esther

You don �t mention the age or level of your students - but you could try a video. Google for what you want. Here are a few sites:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=caSZRnTRd40

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCOPs3tTR5I (Beginners)

http://www.englishmedialab.com/elementaryvideos/prepositions%20on%20under%20next%20to/prepositions%20on%20under%20next%20to.html (Elementary)

Good luck!

Greetings from South Africa

1 Aug 2014     

ELOJOLIE274
France

i �ve uploaded several documents in which i teach prepositions of space...
one of them: http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=74892#thetop

i �ve got a lesson plan to go with that powerpoint if you �re interested...

1 Aug 2014     

joannajs
Poland

Hi there,

I �ve sent you a private message Wink

joanna

1 Aug 2014     

EstherLee76
Peru

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I forgot to mention that I am preparing my students for the Starters Exam.  They are in second grade up to fourth grade.

I have used all kinds of handouts, songs, games, activiites, etc.  I �m just wondering if there is some kind of approach that I �m missing.  I have been reflecting on this for a while now.  Like I said, they don �t acquire this in just a few weeks like most books seem to expect.

Thanks again!

Esther

2 Aug 2014