Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Frankenstein movie Rating    

Frankenstein movie Rating

Soumaya1991
Australia

Frankenstein movie Rating

Hello all 

I am at the stage of finishing reading the novel "frankenstien" with my ESL intermediate class and I thought of teaching the movie as well because my kids have really enjoyed the novel and are looking forward to the movie after finding out that there is one. 

BUT my concern is that is there any version of the movie that is rated PG? 

I have done some search and realised that the new one(2014)  "I frankenstien" is PG but is there any other older ones that are PG?

11 Aug 2014      

yanogator
United States

There �s always the Boris Karloff original, from 1931, I think. Just a warning that the movies really stray from the book. Also, the original doesn �t finish the story. That was done in Bride of Frankenstein.

Bruce

12 Aug 2014     

douglas
United States

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070074/

Frankenstein: The True Story (1973)

(It appears to be available from Amazon)

I remember this one as a kid

12 Aug 2014     

Soumaya1991
Australia

Thanks a lot guys, I was surprised when I heard that most movies before 1968 are considered PG. So I checked with my school and ill be screening the 1931 version. 

Thanks again for your help. 

15 Aug 2014