Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need help    

I need help

glutenfree
Poland

I need help

Hi, can anyone tell me if following paragraph is appropriate for recommendation letter? Artur�s responsibilities included responds to emergency medical requests to evaluate quality and quantity of aid required and supply assistance; does related duties as required. Thanks a lot

20 Aug 2014      

MoodyMoody
United States

I would make only a few changes, highlighted in red. Gerunds allow you to use verbs as nouns and the parallel construction is usually more effective in a resume or CV. The commas divide the different responsibilities and add clarity. I hope this helped! 

Artur�s responsibilities included responding to emergency medical requests, evaluating quality and quantity of aid required, supplying assistance, and doing related duties as required.

20 Aug 2014     

yanogator
United States

I would make only one change to MoodyMoody �s suggestion. We don �t usually use "do" with "duties", so I would say "performing related duties". She was keeping your words and just changing the grammar. I think she �ll agree that "performing" sounds a little more natural to native ears. Understand, though, that "doing" is entirely correct.

Bruce

20 Aug 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

...or �carrying out � related duties. 

20 Aug 2014     

Jayho
Australia

... or undertaking related duties.

Agree with others - replace the "do� form. If it�s a letter of recommendation then formal is better.

Cheers

Jayho

20 Aug 2014     

glutenfree
Poland

Thank you so much to all of you for help

20 Aug 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

# Bruce  At my latest apraisal I told my boss I was doing my duties pretty well, and he shouldn �t dare to state otherwise.  Evil Smile

21 Aug 2014