Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Some advice, please!!!    

Some advice, please!!!

florimago
Spain

Some advice, please!!!

Hi, dear friends : Today I �ve started a course for adults about customer service . I was surprised to find 14 people, 13 who doesn�t know English at all and just one student who was living in Uk 7 years . The course lasts just 12 days (long 7 hours a day ) . I �ve been preparing lots of material , thinking about an intermediate level but the realitiy is different and now all my work is useless . How can I deal with that? What shall I do with the advanced student? Really thankful in advance for all your suggestions . Flori

16 Sep 2014      

Mtess
Spain

I had a similar situation last year and it �s very difficult to work with all them at the same time. 

As the most part of your students have an elementary level you should follow that level and you should talk with the advance student about the situation. For this one, you can prepare other types of activities such as speaking or listening that you can develope with him while the rest of the students are doing suitable activities for their level.

16 Sep 2014