Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed! What to start with?    

Help needed! What to start with?

0Lynxy0
Russian Federation

Help needed! What to start with?

Dear colleagues! I �m desperate for your advice! The situation is as follows: the next week I �m having the 1st class with a new group of students - 9-10 years old. The thing is that I �ve never ever worked with such young learners. And to make matters worse, they are beginners (or false beginners).The courebook I �m supposed to use is "Friends" (Longman). But I �m at a complete loss regarding the very first class. What should I start with? What information would be good for the first class? What about the alphabet and so on? It seemed to be easier with adults)))) Thank you in advance)

18 Sep 2014      

paolasol
Belarus

Hello, I �m teacher from Belarus. There �s a good course in my country for such keds. It �s called "Magic Box". You can download Magic Box 1 teacher �s book to help you start with. By this book you should start the first lesson telling your kids about English speaking countries (Britain and America to be exact), ask them what words in English they already know. You can ask them what words have come to Russian from English (a computer, etc.). Thank you should introduce yourself saying "I �m Mrs. Bell". Than take some cards with children and introduce them from the 1st person. Then ask students to introduce themselves, but first help them to repeat the phrase "I �m ... ." If you need advice, let me knowSmile I �ll do my best to help you)

18 Sep 2014