Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ideas for a song anyone?    

ideas for a song anyone?

MarionG
Netherlands

ideas for a song anyone?

I thought this would be really easy to find but found out it was harder than I thought..
I am looking for a song to have my students practice the verb �to be � in the present tense. My students are 11-12 year olds and have an elementary level of English.
They are not into the �educational � kind of songs. It should preferably be something contemporary. Any ideas anyone? please?

25 Sep 2014      

douglas
United States

Probably way to advanced, but how about The Devil Went Down to Georgia?

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/charliedanielsband/thedevilwentdowntogeorgia.html

25 Sep 2014     

angeles bosch
Spain

Just the way you are, sung by Bruno Mars

25 Sep 2014     

MarionG
Netherlands

wow, douglas, haven �t heard that song in a long time! Indeed, it is way to hard for my beginners and doesn �t have that much to be  in the present tense (not very contemporary either ☺☺) But it �s a great song, for sure, I really enjoyed listening to it again!
(I �ll put it on while cleaning my house tomorrow morning, it sure gives energy!)

25 Sep 2014     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Try this site.  It has a few songs for Simple Present.

http://anthonyhalderman.com/english/itunes.htm

25 Sep 2014     

lillizen
Brazil

Hello!

Here are two suggestions. 

1- Pharrell Williams - Happy (Despicable Me 2 - Lyric Video) / www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GLuydiMe4
  - I find this version of the Happy song so cute. I don �t teach kids, but I think they might enjoy this one with the Minions from Despicable Me 2. 

2- Lorde - A World Alone (Lyrics) / www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWUnVyO1Klk
  - And how about Lorde? Good to practice both Simple Present and Present Continuous. 

The videos show the lyrics so students can read and sing together... and dance, maybe? If you don �t want the lyrics, I am sure there are versions without them.

Best regards,
Lilli. ^.^

25 Sep 2014     

douglas
United States

oops, didn �t notice the present tense requirement---Never mind  :)
Enjoy the housework--would love to be a fly on the wall and catch you dancing and lip-synching to it :)

26 Sep 2014     

MarionG
Netherlands

wow, went out yesterday and didn �t see all of your responses, thank you all! 
I will check them all!

27 Sep 2014