Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > asking about flags    

asking about flags

akvillina
Iran

asking about flags

Hi dear teachers I am going to teach flags and countries this week.I know we can ask "which country �s flag is this?" But what about the following questions: This flag is from what country? This flag belongs to which country? This flag is for what country- or which country??? Please answer me with confidence...I am confused. . Thank you all in advance..your answers will be of great help Have a nice one Yours Mahnaz

29 Sep 2014      

akvillina
Iran

This flag is for what country? This flag is from what country? This flag is from which country ? This flag is from what country? I am confused in using "for or from" and "which country or what country" I have tried to post a properly written text but it is the same every time...no space and lines are allowed between lines.

29 Sep 2014     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

I �d prefer " What country is this flag from? "
Anyway, I usually don �t ask about countries that way. I �d rather show / point to a flag and ask: " Where are you from? What nationality are you?  Embarrassed

Linda

29 Sep 2014